Saturday, August 16, 2008

From The Beggar

All,
This will probably be my last post on this blog. I am going to shift to our church blog space. You have thrilled me with your posts. You have lifted my spirits. You have made me laugh with knock-knock jokes. You have expressed love and concern for my family and me. For all these and so many more, we are grateful. Thank you for all you love.
Millie Tharle brought us a printed form of the entire blog. There were many posts that we had not read. I have now read them all and have been touched over and over again. Thank you.
I need to clear something up before leaving this blog. You already know it, but i need to remind you; i am a man with feet of clay. I am going to have to forgive some of you for what you wrote. I will have to ask you to forgive me for liking it! Thank you for all your words of affirmation. But remember; I am just a guy, a weak, wounded, human being susceptible to anything any of you are subject to. I don't have a cape, can't jump a building, and i am burdened with the full mantle of humanity.
As you have prayed for me in my illness; i ask you to do all the more for me in ministry. My heart's desire is to be a good husband, father, and pastor. And in each of these ministries I want to finish well. I exist only by God's grace. Please partner with me in the future. Partner with me as a prayer warrior for ministry.
Summit is facing wonderful opportunities in our future. We need more square feet with no new debt. We need to get out of debt and stay that way. We need to explore God's plan for starting new works. We need to strengthen our resolve in following God's plan for our lives and the ministry at Summit. Pray, pray, pray. We must not be behind in following God. The only thing worse is to be ahead of God's will. Pray that I have the wisdom to lead us in God's path of righteousness.
I hope you will follow me to the new blog on the Summit web site. I hope to hear from you there.
We will not be able to be with you tomorrow. I am just too weak to handle. We will be back as soon as possible. Love you all.
PA

5 comments:

7.62x54r said...

See you at the church site, and hopefully back in church, soon!

Anonymous said...

Brother Aaron,

Not sure you will want to but you can (I Believe) transfer the this info to the new blog, or just leave the link to this blog on the Summit blog..(probably the easiest).

Our prayers will continue for both you and Denise.

Just checked the distance between Acworth and Warner Robin...
I am looking at a Church Planters conference there in about a month. If time and schedule allows I may make the extra trip to say Hello.

I am sure you will be back at the church by then..

Either way

Love you guys and my prayers continue.

surrendered said...

Still praying for both ya'll....

see ya down the road or on Summit's site....

Maybe next time we (me) will get a little of your theology....

Millie said...

The remainder of this blog will be on the way to you shortly to add to your book. I hope you will know that we accept you just as you are because we are all "human" and no one is perfect except our Savior. But, also, through all of your trials, you have blessed us with your acceptance of what you cannot change. We love you both,
Millie

Tracy Roberts said...

Your post reminds me of the question in our Sunday School lesson this Sunday (8/17).

"Do you think God asks us to do things that are just too difficult?"