Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 16 part II - nise

Friends,

Yes ma'am, tried them ALL. Think the only one that had any possible bearing was the damp heat, to the tummy. Poured water from the coffee maker, so it was more like 'hot", on bath clothes put them in plastic bags and placed them on his tummy (with a towel between to protect the skin). One of the nurses, Nuri, suggested that yesterday. That may have helped, 'cause things are flowing easier now. Hand in hot water, standing in hot water, water running, shower - no affect. . . thanks for the suggestions we have tried all suggested! Really!!!
Did you ever think your pastors wife would be giving tips on how to 'potty'? I sure didn't!!!
I have to say as hard as the last 16 days have been you would be so proud of your pastor. I am. He has impacted the lives of folks here in ways that will last for eternity. He melted the heart of a 3rd shift nurse named Peggy, a 20 year veteran, who 'calls' to check on him when she is off. I think we both have another Mom. (she likes me ok too). We have made friends here that we will carry with us the rest of our lives. When this started this was one area of the country we did not have 'family'. Now this is home too. God really always knows what He is doing. I learn over and over again, 'what satan means for harm, my Father will use for good.' I have to echo Aaron's post . . . Praise God from whom ALL blessing flow. . .

Thank you for lovn' us like we love you,

nise

6 comments:

Jim and Denise said...

Aaron and Denise,
Sorry to hear that things are not so good today. Will be praying for the both of you as Aaron goes back to surgery. We love and miss you guys and look forward to having you home soon!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Denise! You are a remarkable woman!

Still praying,

Angie Johnson

murph said...

You know, it just dawned on me as I was sharing the last post with Ann, that it's a good thing Phillip's not there. You'd have to be picking him up off the floor on more than one occasion with all that's happening.

Now let's just hope he's not reading the blog while he's at home by himself...Stacy may come home to find him out like a light!!

Hope that makes you laugh like it did me!

Johnny

Pam said...

Denise,

Because humility would prevent you from saying this allow me to - YOU too have impacted lives.

We continue to pray for Aaron's recovery, your strength, and the day when you are back with us.

Pam Moss

cmiller77 said...

Denise,

I know you said you tried everything, but did you try the big stick and striking the rock? (Moses in the desert...). Then since you like songs...right after you whack him, break out with "Spring up a well, splish splash, within my bladder... spring up a well,...wooush, into this bo-o-owl... spring up a well, and give to me-ee, that ur-ine, abundantly."

Ok, maybe that's not quite how that song went... I'll have to ask Jimmy if he knows that verse.

CWM

Steve & Becky said...

We are praying for you! Your whole family is a blessing to us.

God Bless You,
Steve & Becky