Tuesday, August 5, 2008

day 20.75 Post III

All,
Sick guy again.
Well, can it be? All systems are go for discharge tomorrow morning. That is except for the bladder and that system just won't go.
As i sit here in relative comfort i am waxing reflective. These past 22 days have been almost unbearable. The pain, nausea, the random and unusual abdominal pain, overwhelming weakness, and all the indescribable discomfort, have now passed. Now i shift to a learning curve for the future.
Your postings, cards, and most of all your prayers, have kept us going. I was asking for Dr. Kavorkian this time yesterday. Your prayers kept even him away.
A dear friend and physician, John Boggess, told me that in 2001 the University of Oklahoma football team took part in an experiment. When the football season ended, team members volunteered to be hospitalized for a week. They were fed all they wanted. The only restrictions were that they had to remain in bed or sitting in the chair. They were restricted from any form of exercise. The result was startling. These were elite athletes in prime health at the peek of performance. After only one week they lost an average of 40% of their pre-hospital strength. I was neither an elite athlete nor in prime physical condition before coming here. However, i too lost about 40% of my physical strength..............after the first week. Tomorrow will be three weeks. I guess that means that i have 20% less than none. Lane, can percentages be negative? I don't think so.
During the last three weeks i am afraid that i have become a little old man who walks around with a bag. I was never good enough for public display, but it will be a while before i will be back to where i was when last you saw me. So, don't expect too much when you see me

5 comments:

Canyon Shearer, DMin said...

Sounds like your heart is as big as ever. :)

Love ya, pastor, praying for a successful discharge tomorrow. On that bladder, first thing we'd do in the Air Force on an F-15 or F-22 when something wouldn't turn on or do what it was supposed to do is bang on it. Have you tried that?

Prayers continue,
Canyon

Pastor Aaron Johnson said...

Canyon, you just ain't right.
pa

murray paul gordon said...

Hi Aaron,
I'm Lynda Gordon's (from Athens, Ala.) son, Murray. Wanted to let you know I've been praying for you. Glad things are looking well, although I understand its slower than you would like. I won't quote a bunch of scriptures about patience, I'm sure you know them. Just keep trusting Him and leaning on Him, as I know you will. He is in control, and I'm so glad, because I wouldn't do so well in His spot! God's blessings!
MPG

Dan Ratcliffe said...

Hey Aaron,

Canyon's way of fixing things seems to work a lot at the radio station.. especially if a computer is involved. Never hurts to try! ;-)

Dan Ratcliffe

cmiller77 said...

See... I was right.... Moses... big stick... whack...miracle.... water flows. Shoulda tried that days ago!! We can meet you at your place when you get back if you want me to give it a try :]

Love ya brother,
CWM