Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 21 Post I

All,
Sick guy again.
The nurse came in a moment ago and asked if I were to go home today. I said, "Absolutely!"
Right now i am waiting on 3 different doctors to come by and wave their wands of approval for my discharge. While it could still fail, I really "feel" like i am coming home! That is a pretty sweet word right there....home.
Right now i can't tell you the date, day of the week, and I am not completely certain about the month. Things will be normal when i get back to church. That is home.
Thanks for the prayers you have prayed. They have sent Holy Spirit power, strength, and healing to this worn out old body.
If i post again, it will be merely to confirm my discharge, or confirm my delay. The only thing that i can think of that will delay my discharge is if the infection has spread to the blood. I really feel too good for that. So, i plan on being in the 30102 zip code by mid-night.
Blessings and Thanks,
PA

6 comments:

Dianne said...

We are so happy for you. I know you will enjoy getting home tonight. Don't make any new friends with the state police as you are in a hurry. Getting home is the best medicine you can have to recover. In His Love The Snyders in Al.

Jonathan said...

Be careful. Hopefully the Lancasters will see you soon.

LSamples said...

Prayers for your trip home! It'll be such a blessing to have you back home!
Clark & Lynn

angie said...

Hey Aaron and Denise,
This is Angela Sewell and I haven't written to you before due to overwhelmingly large response you already get each day. Plus you don't kow me as well as some of the others. I read my daily devotional today and it reminded me of you. It talked about a book in which C.S.Lewis says that pain is God's megaphone to rouse a deaf world. You both are being used right now as God's megaphone. And you are reaching so many people with such a positive testimony for God. YOu are both shining brightly for all the world to see and believe me, they see you. I can not begin to understand the ordeal you are going through, I can only say that you are an inspiration in both your strength and your weakness. I know that being the megaphone for the Lord can be hard, but He only trys those He has faith in to handle the job before them. Be confident that you are in God's hands and He is proud of you! Don't hurry home to quick, it will be alright if you pass the midnight deadline a little. Home doesn't go anywhere, it will be there when you get there. Can;t wait to have you back in the fold on a regular basis. (where we can see you)Love to you both, Angie

Teresa Putnam said...

As I was praying for you guys this morning a verse from Psalm 139 came to mind.

May the Lord go before you, behind you, and surround you on all sides. (My translation)

I prayed this when you went to Florida, and I'm praying it once again.

Blessings,

TAP

Robyn E said...

Pastor,
Welcome to my world! I never know what day it is and I'm not even sick! Well Pam may argue with that. And about that little old man thing; your beautiful wife doesn't think so I bet. Being a real man doesn't come from muscles or brute strength. It comes from strength of character, humility, and most important, sense of humor.I can't think of anyone I would consider more of a man than you! Good luck, no you need more than that; God bless on your trip home.