Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 19 11:10 a.m.

Dear ones,
I must confess it is so much easier to post when i have great praises and gets more difficult when it seems we back up a little. Leon and Russ thank you for the Word - i so needed that this morning. I know God is faithful, i know He will deliver, i know He will sustain until He chooses to deliver . . . and if not . . . He is still God, He is still good, and i will serve and praise Him.
Aaron did not have a very good night last night. As we reported earlier the cath was reinserted about 8:00 p.m. - that gave some relief. His intubation went very well until midnight. He was supposed to not intubate again until 4:00 a.m. after the midnight intubation. But he 'irrigated' a new addition, at the midnight intubation and got terribly nauseous and went down hill from there. He had meds for nausea and slept until about six - but just can't recover. They are starting IV fluid again, because he can't drink enough because of the nausea and they don't want him dehydrating again. It is possible he has a bladder infection again. They are going to culture to determine. You know a hospital is not the place to get well. Enid you were right!!!
We had such a good day yesterday - the two hour pass was a blessing and i will remember and be thankful for that.

For those that do not know about Denae and Jordan. Here goes. . . Jordan graduated high school this spring and moved back to Athens, Alabama. He is working for a very good friend there and starting school at Calhoun in the fall. He is 6'3' 230 lbs and has a beautiful smile like his dad! Denae is married. Lives in NewPort News, VA with her husband Timothy. He is in the military and spent the last year in Kuwait. Got home in June. They are doing very well. Denae is in school there and is as beautiful as ever and very happy!! I only wish they were closer - but they live in a wonderful area!! She just got a job as a life guard at Ft. Eustis - the post Timothy is stationed.
As i have said before enjoy your children - they grow up and are gone way toooooo fast.
thanks for all the memories - it has been - and will continue to be - a good ride . . .

nise

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys
I'm sorry to hear the not so good news today. but we will pray that things in improve fast.
we are in phoenix. We went to Sedona yesterday and it is beautiful. Chris and the guys have to work today. the girls are going to play!!!

We will be praying!!! Just keep your chin up.
love you
debbie and chris

MarkG said...

Hang in there!! I know these complications must be so frustrating, but you're doing great and you sure have come a long way.

"Sometimes He calms the storm, with a whisper, 'Peace, be still.'

He can settle any sea, but it doesn't mean He will.

Sometimes He holds us close, and lets the wind and waves go wild.

Sometimes He calms the storm, and other times He calms His child."

Praying for calm -- either for the storms (my preferred outcome!) or y'all, His precious children.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about the kids, I have thought about them several times over the past couple of weeks.

The next blessing will be grand children.

Love and prayers

LSamples said...

So sorry about the setbacks. More prayers for you both for patience, strength, & peace. In God's time (as frustrating as that can be for us mortals).
I want you both to know that your words on this blog are touching lives & hearts of people that don't even know you and are certainly a blessing to those of us who have the privilege of knowing you. Blessing to you both.
Clark & Lynn

surrendered said...

Hey Boss, hope this day has been a good one for both of you.

I told my bride you had got to go out last evening. She said "great" and asked me to take her some place expensive; so I took her to the Amoco station, needless to say she ain't happy. Some days I just don't understand women!!
Hope that got a smile!

Keeping ya'll in our thoughts and prayers.

Dan Ratcliffe said...

Hey Aaron and Denise,

I'm taking a cue from my friend Mark Geil in giving some lyrics as encouragement. These are from Casting Crowns:

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Blessings to both of you, and please know how much both of you are ministering to my family even from so many miles away.

Love, Dan Ratcliffe