Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 11 - 11:30 a.m.

Hey guys,
Aaron posted this morning so i did not get to! So here i am.
Today's lesson is on , "The first shall be last . . .
No - not really . . . i had some good news i wanted to pass on. They just removed 25 staples from Aaron's tummy, 1/2 of the total and his tummy looks really good. They also took out 3-4 stitches and his JP drain. That thing was a pain in the fanny! Really!! His G tube is clamped and his tummy feels pretty darn good. He has had some soup and a couple of peanut butter crackers. Those weren't on the diet but he was hungry!! Dr. Rehnke said," go for it. All it can do is make you sick." Real comforting!!
So far he feels good.
The next really big hurdle is the catheter. Aaron believes that as his tummy and other things come 'on-line' his bladder will follow. That is our prayer!
Most of you know Aaron and i had the blessing of spending a month together traveling before coming down here for the surgery. (any time you want to see the pics just let me know) We had such a great time!! In one month we swam in the Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific. Well did not swim in the Pacific - way TOOOOO cold. Also that sign about great white sharks was a little deterrent!! I have to say a huge thank you to Summit for allowing us this time. But i have to warn you i was almost attached at the hip to him before that month. Now after another month of not leaving his side i don't know that i can. I really like him! It is a great blessing to be married to your best friend. Your soul mate.
But i have to say i miss you guys at Summit - especially my Sunday School class. I know you are enjoying Mrs. Jenny, and all the great ones who are filln' in for me - - but don't forget me!! Thanks for all your sweet prayers, i love you guys and will be back soon. Will i am lookn' forward to one big hug!! Aaron will just have to move over!!

thanks for loven' on us so wonderfully

nise

8 comments:

debbalfour said...

It is so good to hear that things are going well today. As we are all taught it is better to take baby steps than to take big giant leaps. When we leap God always takes a back because we have missed something. You are always in our payers. Just yesterday Cassandra asked when you will be back. I told her when pastor gets better. She said I hope he gets better soon.
Love and in our prayers,
Deborah

Jim Hurley said...

Denise and Aaron

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ."
Ephesians 3:16-18

Christ's Peace
Gb
Jim Hurley

Kathye Vance said...

It's so good to hear that you're getting back to normal a step at a time. Sometimes the body is slow to respond, but when it does, we remember old and new blessings. My prayer is that you can continue to eat and progress so your life will continue to work in God's Plan. You're so lucky to have Denise, but you already know that. God bless......Kathye Vance, 1st Baptist, Gadsden

Anonymous said...

Denise, God gave Aaron such a special gift when He gave him you! Please don't forget to take care of yourself through this, too. He needs you!
Aaron, I am continuing to pray for you!

"I thank God always for you"
1 Thess. 5:7

Hugs,

Angie Johnson

Jonathan said...

Glad to hear that things are progressing. We love you.

Jonathan

bigtiger said...

Aaron & Denise,
Your blog updates continue to answer my prayers for you.
Wow! I thought the 36 staples I had in '81 with my gall bladder surgery was a lot!
Continue to watch and pray with and for you!

Bob

Mary Ruth said...

All the Millers in Guntersville are praying for you and Denise. Denise, thank you for being so faithful in posting to the blog and take care of yourself! Hal has tentatively been approved for surgery on October 8th. Aaron, make sure you bring home all your notes, the good, the bad and the ugly. We love you guys and our prayer is that the next post will be a "tubeless" one!
Mary Ruth

Rodney T Ellkins said...

Brother "A". I have been keeping up with you, and I hear you are doing better than I did, and I'm so glad...If you or Denise have any questions Please call me or email me. You have been in my thoughts for weeks now, and again, I'm sure glad to hear how you are doing. I had planned on coming to Atlanta for your surgery until I found out you had to go to the sunshine state to have it performed.Please call me as soon as you feel like it, and we can compare stories again, like we did alomst 6 years ago. We miss ya'll so much. Thank you for everything you have done for my family, and I knew Greg Spry was not ready for you yet :).. Love ya'll and please let us know if we can do anything at all....Talbot, Michelle, Emilee and Michael ( I'm sure Jessica was watching over you )