Wednesday, July 30, 2008

14th day post-op

All,
This is sick guy again.
This morning i feel well. We are still in a tug of war with my stingy bladder. Every ounce it gives is painfully hard fought. We really need this apparatus to be a great deal more generous.
All your posts are thrilling. I love the new names and i have to chuckle to think that we are filling cyber space with ramblings about such. A nurse told us that when one of her patience left the hospital her son and husband came to pick her up wearing tee shirts that prominently displayed, "I love my front-dumper." Like the great Theologian, Forrest Gump said, "That's all i have to say about that."

Now for the word:
The prophet Joel records a promise from God that is so useful in these barren seasons of life. God tells Joel to tell the people, after the flying Locust and swarming Locust have come and the crops are all gone and there is no wealth or provision, "I will restore unto you the years the Locust have eaten." Wow, what a Savior.
I don't understand why God has chosen for me to be sick for so long with such a serious condition. Maybe i have a lesson to learn. If that is the case, then pray that i hit that learning curve pretty quickly. I am running out of organs.
Or perhaps it is like Paul and the scars foster humility.
Or maybe somebody needs to see someone else walk through the valley for an example in the flesh.
Or maybe He just knew I could be faithful with the opportunity.
Regardless, I am here. The greatest prayer you can pray is not for my healing, though that is certainly appreciated. Your greatest prayer for this Pastor is that he not miss the blessing or waste his sorrows.
I am convinced that He is able to keep all i have given Him safe until that day of His revealing. These are days to give Him more and hold to less.
And ultimately I know, He will restore the years the Locust have eaten!
I will take physical pain over the grief of sorrow every day of the week and twice on Sunday! My problems are just physical. Praise be to the one who can raise this body and restore the years the Locust have eaten.
Love you all,
PA

I really should not divulge information about Beth so if you would like to send her a card you might send to us and we will get it to her. Her family is most grateful for the prayers, thank you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate you and your testimony so much! I am praying for you today, and sending a hug your way! Give Denise one, too!

In His love,

Angie Johnson

Teresa Putnam said...

Pastor,

One of my sisters has been sick off and on all of her life. She has been in the hospital almost three weeks now, and I have used you as an example of trusting God through trials. Now only does your mini sermons bless me, but I use them to encourage her.

I know I'm over my "quota" of comments, but I just wanted you to know that you and Denise have blessed me, and I'm passing the blessing on to others.

Love Ya,

TAP

surrendered said...

For a Christian I’m convinced scars make you a better person and even a better Christian. Physical scars along with the pain we went through allow us to know what those in pain are feeling. Emotional scars as well; allow us to understand the situation those we minister to are suffering. Knowing God was (is) with us as we weather life’s storms ads to our testimony of His greatness.

If we had no pain we would not know anything was wrong, and would not seek relief. Even as much, many would never come to know Christ if it were not for life’s pains.

People who don’t know Him well usually ask “why me Lord”, those who are close to Him ask “what Lord”.
My bride say drink, drink, drink and stand, so nurse Rachett won’t come along with a folly! Many years back I had a similar bladder issue and I had to drink, drink and sit in a tub of warm water, needless to say I did not like the idea, but it worked to get things working.

You are in our prayers, both for healing and revelation.

Unknown said...

Aaron,

Where to begin you know the difficulties we have had though not in physical sickness but in wrong thinking (spritual sickness) and what it led me to have to do, but just as you talk about the locust in Joel I can testify to that to is happening to me and we are being blessed and receiving back what the locust ate up. Thank you for your concern to your flock and I know that you will be stronger for this and I see your crown more glorious then ever. With all my prayers for recovery and strength let His will be done.

DK

tim and nae said...

N-Neo
E-Evaculational
W-Waste

B-Bowel
U-Unit
M-Moderator

Michelle Seaborn said...

One of my favorite songs that helps me realize that God's plans are bigger than mine is Trading my Sorrows. Sometimes I need to remember that God always sends joy in the morning. I'd sing it for you now...but will post the words instead:

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

I love you both and am continually praying for you!
Michelle Seaborn

BraveSnyder said...

Aaron,

What a blessing it was to read your post, my friend. I admire your passion and zeal for God. Your willingness to take any season and see His blessnig in it... wow, that's the power of His Spirit in you. Thank you for your strength you display. may our gracious Lord bless you today with His overwhelming power and love. Thank you for being my pastor. Brooke and I love you and your family. Take care and get some rest.

Blessings,

Dave and Brooke

BraveSnyder said...

one more thing Aaron... the name I choose is: Shapoopie. From the hit 1962 musical "The Music Man" recently performed by many of our members. Enjoy. Shapoopie. What do you think?

Jonathan said...

Glad you're feeling better today. Why not just call it the SCHOOT? Self-Contained Hand Operated Output Terminal.

Anonymous said...

AAron I will vote for what Jonathan said. "Why not just call it the SCHOOT? Self-Contained Hand Operated Output Terminal." Has a ring to it. "LOL"

Love ya folks and out prayers continue..


p.s. I know many of your blessing, cards and letters are not posted here...but each one has been a blessing to read...alot of good folks..

Ronald and Joyce Lee said...

Hi Aaron and Denice:
We have been reading your messages since the first day and I have been trying to figure out how to send a post when I felt like it. But have been unable to do so. Margaret figured it out and Denise called me and I talked to Margaret.
Just wanted to send a note to let you know we love you both and you are in our prayers. Just keep the faith, we know you will. Grandmother sends her love and prayers too. Lise, Sherry, and Kathy is praying for you and sends their love also.

With Prayer and Love,
Ronald and Joyce

Houghs said...

This is Lexie. Hello! I miss you sooooooooooo much, Pastor Aaron and Mrs. Denise! I hope you are feeling better! (you can tell I like exclamation marks! :D ) Now I'll stop screaming! Oops. I'm about to start middle school in 2 weeks. AAAUUUGGGHHH. I'll always remember what you taught me, Pastor, "ALL BOYS LIE."

That's about it.
-Lexie

P.S. come home soon.

Michele Lasky said...

Hi Pastor,
If a bucket of water will get you home early - throw it on the "wicked nurse"! I and all of Summit can gladly come down to do the deed if the "dragon lady" needs help!
The Summit "OZ" gang
(and Jim)

Kent Back said...

Hey Brother Aaron,
Just sitting here reading your posts and all the comments. I am praying for you right now the prayer you requested. Love ya' man, hang in there. If you ever need a fun loving tenor at Summit one Sunday I'm in! My love to Denise and your family. Take care my friend.

Millie said...

We miss you at Half-time, but our prayers tonight will be with you and Denise. I hope you had a good day, less pain and more action from that stubborn bladder. We will be waiting for an update with good news. We love you,
Millie